Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Turkey in a bucket...list.

Randy and I sat down a while back with the idea of making out our 'bucket lists'. For my friends in India who may not know what a bucket list is, it's a list of things you want to do or accomplish before you die. Who knew this seemingly harmless exercise would be so hard? Due to my severe lack of imagination, I only have about 20 things on mine. (See the Great Wall, go to India, sky dive etc.)

Since I have never, ever cooked a Thanksgiving meal in my life, it went onto my bucket list. So this Thanksgiving, I, Tammie Reber, am cooking my very first Thanksgiving meal. Because it's such a momentous occasion in the history of my little family, I have decided to blog about it so that future generations of Reber children will know of 'Grandma Tammie's First Thanksgiving Meal.' (I keep telling myself that one day I'll have grandchildren, but hey, no pressure kids! :) )

With the help of my wonderfully fabulous hubby, I embark upon this journey. Evidently, tonight I'm going to learn how to brine a turkey and boil some yams. Let's all hope that Randy has patience to teach me, and I have the patience to stay in the kitchen with him when he undoubtably will lose his patience with me.

As a side note, when trying to come up with names for this blog, one of the suggestions was "Tammie's Turkey Temptation." When Emma heard that, her comment was, "I don't think it's gonna be a temptation at all!". What a rude young woman! Who is her mother anyways? This is going to be a very long 24 hours... Wish me luck!

2 comments:

  1. All the best Mom :)

    we have full faith in you that you will succeed... and don't worry... Dad will surely keep the teaching short and interesting ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now i have something to Show my kids too... Grand ma tammie... great...

    ReplyDelete